North Shore Land Alliance’s O’Neil Conservation Steward Internship Application Details
The Land Alliance’s William C. and Joyce C. O’Neil Conservation Steward program delivers valuable conservation-related experiences to qualified college students interested in building careers in the protection of our natural resources.
Note: This internship is a field-based internship and will follow all COVID-19 guidelines put forth by New York State.
- Maintaining plantings as part of habitat restoration projects
- Trail building and maintenance
- Monitoring and removal of invasive plant
- Working with volunteers and staff in preserve management projects
- Leading educational nature walks and programs
- Commitment to environmental conservation
- Comfort with being outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Comfort with working both independently and as part of a team
- Research, communication and writing skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- An interest in conservation education
- Ability to get to and between job sites is a must!
- Ability to identify local flora/fauna species
- Experience with gardening/plant care
- Experience managing invasive plants
- Experience giving educational programs/presentations
For more information about the North Shore Land Alliance O’Neil Conservation Stewards Program, please contact Meghan Leverock at (516) 922-1028 or email@example.com.
Applications will not be reviewed after this date.
32 Hours per week/10 weeks
June 7th to August 20th
To apply, please submit in a single PDF:
– Cover letter detailing your interest in land conservation
– Contact info for two references
Please send applications and/or questions to Meghan@northshorelandalliance.org
Recent News about the O'Neil Conservation Stewards Program
As we wrap up our fourth year of the William C. and Joyce C. O’Neil Stewards Program and prepare for next year, we thought it important to reach out to some of our past interns. We particularly wanted to ask them to reflect on the value of their time spent with the Land Alliance.Continue reading