North Shore Land Alliance’s O’Neil Conservation Steward Internship Application Details
The Land Alliance’s William C. and Joyce C. O’Neil Conservation Steward program delivers valuable conservation-related experiences to qualified college students interested in building careers in the protection of our natural resources.
Note: This internship is a field-based internship and will follow all COVID-19 guidelines put forth by New York State.
- Maintaining plantings as part of habitat restoration projects
- Trail maintenance and building
- Monitoring and removal of invasive plants
- Working with volunteers and staff in preserve management projects
- Leading educational nature walks and programs
- Commitment to environmental conservation
- Comfort with being outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Comfort with working both independently and as part of a team
- Research, communication and writing skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- An interest in conservation education
- Ability to get to and between job sites is a must!
- Ability to identify local flora/fauna species
- Experience with gardening/plant care
- Experience managing invasive plants
- Experience giving educational programs/presentations
Note: Covid-19 Vaccination is required for this position. This internship will follow all Covid-19 guidelines put forth by NY State.
For more information about the North Shore Land Alliance O’Neil Conservation Stewards Program, please contact Meghan Leverock at (516) 922-1028 or email@example.com.
Applications will not be reviewed after this date.
32 Hours per week/10 weeks
June 6th to August 11th
$4,500 for the duration of internship
To apply, please submit in a single PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in land conservation
- Contact info for two references
Please send applications and/or questions to Meghan@northshorelandalliance.org
Recent News about the O'Neil Conservation Stewards Program