Donating land for conservation purposes is truly one of the finest legacies a person can leave for future generations. You can, in effect, control the destiny of the land you and your family have loved for so many years.
An outright donation may be the best conservation strategy for you if you do not wish to:
- Pass the land on to heirs;
- Own property you no longer use;
- Own highly appreciated property:
- Have substantial real estate holdings and wish to reduce estate tax burdens;
- Would like to be relieved of the responsibility of managing your land.
A donation of land to a qualified conservation organization releases you from the responsibility of managing the land and can provide substantial income tax deductions and estate tax benefits, while also avoiding any capital gain taxes that can result from a sale of the property. Most importantly, if the land is donated because of its conservation value, it will be protected in perpetuity.
To learn more about Land Donations please contact the Land Alliance at 516-922-1028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.